Yatton Music Society is a registered charity (charity registration number 1024758)
Our website address is: http://www.yms.org.uk
Whenever you provide us with personal information, we will treat your information in accordance with current data protection legislation (as outlined by the Office of the Information Commissioner) In particular, we will:
• Collect information fairly.
• Let you know how we will use it.
• Keep information secure.
• Only collect and process your data when necessary.
• Not sell, let, or in any way distribute, or make public your personal information.
We will comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GPDR) with the following requirements:
1. Personal data must be stored securely (electronic and/or paper systems).
2. Personal data must not be passed to a third party without the data subjects’ (written, electronic or verbal) consent.
3. Information sent by electronic means must be with ‘blind-copy’ to membership.
4. Committee members may have access to personal data on request, for YMS purposes.
5. Personal data will be held by the Membership Secretary, Honorary Treasurer, and other identified person/s for specific purposes.
6. Retention of personal information – personal information must not be kept for more than one year after the relationship between the organisation and the data subject ends, except for as long as is necessary for legal purposes, contractual obligations or vital interests.
7. Personal information may be retained for specific activities (e.g. advertising, organisation’s activities), with express consent.
8. A list of past members may be retained, BUT not personal details, for archive purposes.
9. Members can opt to receive communications by electronic means or hard copy and are requested to advise the Membership Secretary accordingly.
“Your data” means any data about you from which you can be identified such as your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, financial details or other data which you may disclose to us.
The data we routinely collect includes members’ names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. We collect this data only directly from our members who have the option of refusing to give personal information.
We may also collect your information in a number of ways, which may include:
• Processing a donation that you have made.
• Booking tickets or reserving seats for future events
• Joining a mailing list
• Conducting audience research for funders (your postcodes only)
• Responding to correspondence you have sent to us.
We may use your postal address, email address or phone number, to contact you regarding administrative matters or notices.
Most of our data, including our membership base and financial donations, is held in digital form on password protected computers held by the Membership Secretary and Treasurer. Paper membership forms are held in secure cabinets by the membership secretary. Electronic and the occasional paper correspondence relating to performing artists are held by the Concert Planner and Chairman.
We normally keep members’ data for one year after they resign or their membership lapses. This is to retain data in case they later wish to re-join. However, we will delete any former member’s contact details entirely on request. For archive purposes we keep a list of past members names but without contact details.
We normally remove members’ information as soon as we are aware that they have died.
Should you wish to be removed from our membership or other lists, you may contact us to this effect, and we will remove all data that can be linked to you in any way whatsoever.
We may use your email address or phone number, to contact you regarding administrative matters or notices.
You may choose not to receive information emails from the YMS. To request this, you should contact the Membership Secretary.
At any time, you have the right to request a copy of any information we hold about you and we are obliged to correct any incorrect information we might hold. You have the right to ask us to remove this information from our database if you wish.
We will not pass on your data to any third party without your express permission, outlining exactly how the data might be used.
With your express consent we may have occasion to use your data for marketing and promotional purposes but will ask you to opt in for this.
We may use your data to contact you about opportunities for volunteering.
No personal data is kept on the YMS website, and it is not possible to download your data.